Sunday, June 26, 2011

P.A Systems for acoustic gig?

Im trying to start up an acoustic set, just 2 guitars and a couple of
mics, I've been looking around for a good deal seeing as though my
budget is very tight. I've been quoted a few prices for different
things they are
1- Peavey powered mixer XR8600 2x600W, Peavey Pro lite 12'' moulded
Cabinet 400W (x2), Peavey 12'' moniter speaker, Peavey 50ft speaker
cable 1/4'' jack, Peavey 25ft cable 1/4'' jack (x2)... for $1,684

2-Yamaha Powered mixer emx312 2x300W, Yamaha R115 15'' passive
loudspeakers (x2), for $1800

so the yamaha stuff I'd still need cables and stuff, I don't know if
the peavey stuff will be better cause its cheaper and I can afford it
and it will still do the job or to go the yamaha stuff probably a bit
better quality but getting out of my price range, or should I go
powered speakers instead of the powered mixer???... Helpppppp any
advice would be great :D
Thanks Heaps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment